Changing Gnome splash screen
To change the splash screen of Gnome, you need to do the following.
- Download your favourite splash screen and store it in some location.
- Invoke the GConf editor (Applications --> System Tools --> Configuration Editor).
- Change the key for the splash screen,
/apps/gnome-session/optionsto store the absolute path of the splash screen that you want to use.
To change the background color while the splash screen shows, do the following.
- Invoke the GDM configuration dialog (System --> Administration --> Login Screen Setup).
- Change the background screen color to the desired color that suits your theme.