Random links for week 44
- Since I updated to OpenSolaris update snv_124, I am facing issues with Indic fonts rendering. I have created a bug describing the problem. The root cause of the problem isn't diagonized yet. If someone knows what could be wrong, please let me know.
- I keep hearing a lot about Haskell lately and wanted to get introduced to functional programming through Haskell. David Carlton and friends recently started a Haskell study group. It was a great opportunity and wonderful setting for learning Haskell! I just joined the group. We are studying Real World Haskell. The book is available online. I am currently on chapter 3 and it is engaging. Please feel free to join the mailing list, if interested.
- My latest Emacs addiction is Org-Mode. I started using Org-Mode to maintain my GTD workflow. I am also using it as my note taking tool and daily/weekly status reporting tool at work. Org-Mode is very powerful! Give it a try and you will find out.
- I just got back into the habit of going to gym regularly after a couple of busy months at work. This time, one of my primary goal is to able to do unassisted chin-ups. Here is an article on how to increase one's chin-ups. Currently, I am focusing on negatives.
- I am a big fan of Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani. I came across this great recipe on YouTube and tried it out a couple of times. The one I prepared yesterday turned out really great! If you are a Biryani fan, I would strongly recommend this recipe.